History

In 1955 E.J. Kruitbosch opened a wholesale in bicycles and bicycle parts. Together with his sons Wim and Gerrit Kruitbosch he built up the company in the city centre of Zwolle.

Following growth, Kruitbosch moved to premises on Vondelkade, just outside the city centre of Zwolle, in 1973. In 1986, a second company was started in Hoogeveen to serve the northern Dutch provinces.

The company continued to grow and at the beginning of the 1990s the premises at Vondelkade in Zwolle proved to be too small and Kruitbosch Zwolle moved to Marslanden in 1993. The premises in Hoogeveen turned out to be too small too, and Kruitbosch Hoogeveen moved to larger premises in 1998.

These days the companies have developed into an organisation that supplies parts and bicycles to bicycle specialists throughout the Netherlands and Belgium. Over the past years, Kruitbosch Zwolle and Kruitbosch Hoogeveen intensified their cooperation and a merger between the two companies was a logical next step in 2008. Since February 2008, Kruitbosch has been based in ‘Hessenpoort’ in Zwolle. With the merger, the family business is better able to serve our customers quickly, easily and professionally.

In 2015 Kruitbosch celebrated its 60th anniversary. During the past few years, Kruitbosch developed into a partner in retail. Besides supplying bicycles and bicycle parts and accessories, Kruitbosch also assists its clients in the area of shop design, shelf plans, sales and marketing. Cortina grows into an international brand with sales in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.